Zero Waste Yukon is a collaborative effort created to increase awareness and action in Yukon communities around consumption and disposal of resources. It is a community initiative with many stakeholders working together towards Zero Waste goals.
Since 2014, Zero Waste Yukon has been working to inspire change through public education and engagement, events, and support of Zero Waste initiatives in the Yukon Territory.
Create a healthy, thriving northern environment where resources are used ethically and efficiently, and where systems for effective resource recovery are established to reduce the negative effects of waste disposal.
Transition the Yukon from a linear ‘take-make-waste’ model to a closed-loop circular economy, which designs out waste and pollution, keeps products and materials in use, and regenerates natural systems.
- Highlight the value of a local circular economy
- Educate Yukoners of all ages about Zero Waste and provide tools to support individuals in reducing or altering consumption
- Advocate for Zero Waste policies and programs at local, territorial and federal levels
- Support and celebrate local champions of Zero Waste and promote attainable and sustainable lifestyle choices
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to reduce waste in Yukon communities
A group of passionate stakeholders have come together to help achieve Zero Waste in the Yukon. The stakeholder group is a broad representation of organizations from across the Yukon. This group includes Yukon Government, municipalities, businesses and non-profit organizations.
If you would like to get involved as a stakeholder or supporter, please contact us at email@example.com!