Yukon Recycling – Acceptable Items
- All aluminum cans
- All glass bottles (wine / beer / spirits)
- All plastic pop bottles
- All clean Plastics are accepted
- Styrofoam can also now be recycled at Raven Recycling
- Bag your bags! All film plastic (grocery bags, bread bags, cling wrap, sheet plastic etc.) should be placed in one bag and securely tied.
Paper and cardboard
- Must be clean and free from glue, sparkles, plastic, paint or other contaminants.
- Examples include office paper, newsprint, magazines, catalogues, inserts and flyers, telephone directories, file folders, calendars, packing paper, gift wrap (no foil), post-it notes, cereal boxes, detergent boxes, shoe boxes, egg cartons, etc.
- Corrugated cardboard is also accepted and is now a controlled substance at the (controlled substance tipping fees will take effect May 1, 2014)Whitehorse Landfill (no waxed or soiled cardboard please – this should be composted).
- All clean and flattened tin foil, aluminum pie plates, etc.
- Tin cans and lids are accepted (remember to remove labels).
- All clean glass containers, lids removed, are accepted
- All clean tetra packs / wax milk cartons are accepted
The City of Whitehorse has created a great recycling guide to help figure out where and how to dispose of all waste.
We have also created a series of 6 information sheets (below) to give you more information. Double click the image to access the pdf.