BYTE Yukon has been working with a Zero Waste philosophy for a number of years. In addition to the basics of recycling (paper, plastics, bottles & cans) they have also implemented the following ideas:
- There are more recycling bins than garbage bins spread about the office to help ensure that people’s first instinct is to recycle
- All paper products purchased by the office are 100% recycled. This includes printing paper, paper cloths, toilet paper and even our Christmas cards at the end of the year!
- They have purchased a duplex printer so all printing is automatically double sided.
- We only purchase green cleaning supplies for the office.
- Our photocopier and other power-hungry devices are always switched off when not in use.
- We have 2 vermicomposting bins to help reduce our waste output.We also have a full Green Office manual to provide guidance on keeping our footprint as small as possible.
They have also created a free store within their office for people to “give and take” from and it’s a big hit!