June 23, 2014
For immediate release
Frog Food Festival to be 100% Zero Waste
Whitehorse – Zero Waste Yukon is congratulating the Frog Food Festival on their decision to be a Zero Waste Event.
“We are excited to see our vision of a Zero Waste event come to fruition this year,” says President Lara-Rae Grant. “Our board has worked hard to ensure our impact on the environment is low, and that we are educating people at the same time about the importance of reduce, reuse and recycle while enjoying good food and great music.”
Some of the Zero Waste highlights are:
- No bottled water will be sold on site – potable water stations will be available for people to refill their water bottles
- Everyone is encouraged to bring their own dishes for use. If not, the Frog will have “dishes on loan”. Plates and cutlery can be used for a toonie, when the dishes and cutlery are returned, so is the toonie.
- There will be a green team on site all weekend ensuring that the dishes are ready for use.
- The Beverage Tent will not be supplying cups – attendees are encouraged to bring their own cup or use one from the free bin (donations are welcome). Souvenir beer mugs will also be available
- Recycling stations will be placed throughout the festival grounds
- Reusable bags will be given out for free when purchasing arts and crafts from vendors.
“We want to thank Complete Party Rentals for helping make this vision come true,” says Grant. “They have purchased the infrastructure necessary to make our event Zero Waste and we are grateful for that vision and support.
Tickets for the Frog Food Festival are available at Triple J’s, North Star Mini-Storage and yukonartscentre.com. Visit the website at frogfoodfestival.ca for more information.
For more information:
Lara-Rae Grant; President