Zero Waste Blog
Check the blog to stay updated on what's happening locally, to learn about strategies for reducing waste, and more!
BYTE YukonOctober 31, 2017
BYTE Yukon has been working with a Zero Waste philosophy for a number of years. In addition to the basics of recycling (paper, plastics, bottles & cans) they have also implemented the following ideas:
- There are more recycling bins than garbage bins spread about the office to help ensure that people’s first instinct is to recycle
- All paper products purchased by the office are 100% recycled. This includes printing paper, paper cloths, toilet paper and even our Christmas cards at the end of the year!
- They have purchased a duplex printer so all printing is automatically double sided.
- We only purchase green cleaning supplies for the office.
- Our photocopier and other power-hungry devices are always switched off when not in use.
- We have 2 vermicomposting bins to help reduce our waste output.We also have a full Green Office manual to provide guidance on keeping our footprint as small as possible.
They have also created a free store within their office for people to “give and take” from and it’s a big hit!